|Le Lavandou is the ideal departure point to discover La MôleLe "Massif des Maures" (from the provencal Mauro "sombre"). A Paradise of chestnut trees and cork oaks, the range has been able to keep intact and incredibly rich and varied natural environment. Tiny creeks alternating with small beaches, this shows that the coastline is not less hilly than the hinterland. From Rayol, taking the corkscrew route up the Col du Canadel, you'll rejoice in a dream panorama toward the îles d'Or. At the summit less than a few kilometres you can escape into the quiet lanes of picturesque villages such as (La Môle, Gassin, Cogolin, La Garde-Freinet, Collobrières...) villages whose identity is in history
Môle The oldest village in the area. Founded in the XI°
- Gassin A picturesque village offering a magnificent 360° panorama over the "sur golfe de SaintTropez"
- Cogolin Pipe makers , the Raimu museum, carpet factories, crafts
- La Garde Freinet Remains of a Saracen château, Colombophilie Museum
- Gonfaron The Tortoise Village
- Collobrières Capital city for the Massif des Maures and the chestnut forest. "Marrons glacés" makers.