The "Château Faraghi" is classified in the inventory of the cultural heritage since 1996. Built in 1937 by the architect Maurice Chatelan, it was first known as the
“Villa Aigo Lindo". The castle is built in the Lavandou on the edge of the Cap Negre
cliff , and proudly overlooks the sea. It is here that the African commandos
landed on the night of August 15th 1944 to free the Provence. The "Château Faraghi", named after a rich Italian industrialist who ordered its construction before World War II, is a two floor aristocratic house with a dozen rooms and a swimming-pool. Its roof is made of red tiles, it has a U shape with two circular towers on each side, and the picture windows offers a spectacular view of the Mediterranean sea. There are 183 steps going down the cliff to the sea, surrounded by eucalyptus, cork oaks, ficus, palm trees and witch hazels, meeting a coastal path that runs 80 km along the coast. Since 1970 the "Château Faraghi" is owned by the family Bruni Tedeschi and is the summer residence of the French President
Villas by Octave Van Rysselberghe
Architect Octave Van Rysselberghe (1855-1929) built several villas in Le Lavandou which have been recognised as "20th century heritage".
- H-E Cross’ art studio, 15 avenue Van Rysselberghe. This house was built between 1905 and 1910 for the painter Henri-Edmond Cross
(1856-1910) who made it his studio.
- Villa Lou Paradou, 17 avenue Van Rysselberghe. The architect built the villa for his family in 1906.
- Villa Le Dindouletto, 19 avenue Van Rysselberghe. The house was built in 1906 for his painter brother Théo Van Rysselberghe. It has been owned by Le Lavandou Council since 2007.
- Villa Le Pin - 21 avenue Van Rysselberghe.